Eat, Drink and Paint! Paint Party Time!

Thanks for dropping in to read my blog! My name is Carla and I'm the artist behind Arie Debren Art. Today I want to talk to you about a fun painting (or should I say paintings) that I did in preparation for my sister's paint party. 

Knowing that I offer paint parties as one of my many art services, my sister hit me up and said she wanted to host a virtual paint party.  Except, it wasn't fully virtual. I would be coming through virtually and my sister and all her friends would be in person at her house in NY. Of course I said yes.

I asked my sister if she had an idea already of what she wanted to paint at the party. She didn't so I came up with something that I thought would be simple for everyone to paint, no matter their skill level. Since I knew this would be a mixed crowd (men and women) I didn't want to do anything too girly. So I decided the safest idea would be to do a simple King and Queen painting. The guys could paint a King and the ladies could paint a Queen. I also thought this would be a cute couples painting but also give the option for anyone who was riding solo that night to have a stand alone painting that still made sense.


Original "King" and "Queen" sketches





I knew that I would not be able to mail pre-drawn canvases in time to her house so I had to make sure that this would be simple enough for someone who doesn't paint or draw to be able to draw it themselves. I figured having the figures with their backs towards us would eliminate the problem of trying to draw their faces, which can be difficult. I received the approval from my sister and I got to painting. 


You can watch my process of  creating the "King" painting on my YouTube channel.


The process of the "Queen" painting is on my Instagram. It went live while painting her so you'll be able to see the full painting process in real time. 


Here's the final result of both paintings side by side.


My sister later decided that she would rather have the figures facing forward and have them both on the same canvas. So the day of the party I came up with a new design.


The paint party was a success and we all had fun. It was a  great group of people! Everyone was letting the creative juices flow and were open and willing to put their own spin on their paintings. I'm looking forward to leading another paint party in the future.

If you're interested in hosting a paint party and would like me to create a painting for your group, please reach out to me. I can send pre-draw canvases and lead the group for you virtually or in person. Or, you and your crew can order the pre-drawn canvases and have fun doing your own thing! 

Email: ariedebrenart@gmail.com
Or you can DM me on Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/arie_debren_art/ 

Thanks for reading! Leave a comment telling me which version of the painting was your favorite.







Comments

Popular Posts