When Is It Okay To Wear a Crop Top

After 2 kids and working at a stressful desk job for 16 years (no exercise AND cortisol), I don't have the flattest stomach in the world. But that does not stop me from rockin' my favorite wardrobe staple - the crop top! At almost 40 years old, you can catch me wearing a crop top of some sort probably once a week. Crop tops are not limited to teens and 20-somethings! I love how they make me feel! I love anything that gives me that "you're a sexy beast and no one can tell you otherwise" feeling 😂. And crop tops do just that for me.


Another great thing about crop tops is they can be flattering on any body type if worn correctly. Talk about inclusive!

Unfortunately, though, my beloved crop top is not accepted everywhere. It's probably not wise to roll up to a job interview in a crop top... or church 😬 So what are the acceptable occasions to wear a crop top? 

1. Casual Events

Your best friend's birthday or a picnic in the park with bae would be a great time to rock your beloved crop top. Headed out of town for the weekend? Crop tops make the perfect travel top with some soft, cozy sweat pants - cute and comfy. How could you go wrong?

Photo by cottonbro studio on Pexels



Hitting the gym to try that new Tabata Yoga class? Throw on that crop top and show off them abs you've been building! Abs ain't "abbing" yet? No problem! Put on some high waisted leggings and strut all your stuff girl!


2. Beach

The beach is the perfect place to wear a crop top and show off all your hills and curves. Pair it with some cute swim shorts, a matching cover up around your waist and hit the waves!

Photo by David Gomes on Pexels



3. Brunch With Friends

Meeting up with the girls for that weekly Sunday brunch date? Don't show up in last night's club outfit (if you can help it 😜). You can definitely jazz up a crop top so you're the one catching everyone's eye as you and the crew walk through the restaurant. 


What are some your suggested occasions on when crops are fully acceptable? Let me know in the comments! And don't forget to get your wearable art crop tops at www.ariedebrenart.com  !



Comments

Popular Posts