Eye of the Storm

Today you guys are going to watch me create my most recent original painting called "In the Eye of the Storm." Just for reference this painting is 16" by 20" on a stretched canvas. 

The inspiration behind this painting actually came to me a few years ago while I was watching Hamilton. There's a song in the play called "In the Eye of the Hurricane." I felt like the song was inspirational in a sense that I think everyone was going through something during the pandemic - either emotionally, mentally or both. The song really resonated with me a lot at the time and it inspired me to make a painting that talks about being in the midst of something that is weighing heavy on you. You're in the midst of this storm but you know that you're not going to let the storm hold you down. You're not going to let this storm hold you back from accomplishing what you want to accomplish. You're going to find that peace within that storm that you're right in the middle of. You're going to hold onto that peace in order to weather the storm and find your way out at the end. 

I hope you enjoy watching me create this beautiful painting!

Comments

Popular Posts